Comment on page
Welcome to the GADS Community Projects.
The world at large is changing and changing for the better in the tech ecosystem. The #COVID19 pandemic has changed how we approach our day to day activities giving technologists an opportunity to innovate.
Learners will be expected to come up with innovative solutions to solve for the current challenges that contribute to the future of day to day activities. The solutions will be around solving fo challenges in the following sectors:
- REMOTE WORK
Participating in the Community Projects will be a great opportunity for you to:
- 1.Build innovative solutions.
- 2.Get an opportunity to put the skills you acquired over the past 3 months into practice.
- 3.Build your project(s) portfolio.
- 1.Implementation of effective and practical solutions to ensure the delivery of quality education.
- 2.Strengthen the healthcare system and improve the lives of #COVID19 or non #COVID19 patients.
- 3.Develop solutions to promote e-commerce platforms and transition physical markets closer to the customers online.
- 4.Build solutions that address scalable digital payments to support cashless banking, cash transfers to support payment-related activities.
- 5.Ensuring the productivity of remote employees.
1. Learners Opt-in to participate in the Community Projects Opt in to participate in the Community Projects 2. Select how they would like to participate. Team Project: I would like to be assigned a team Individual Project: I would like to work on a project alone 3. Select a project category. EDUCATION : HEALTH FINTECH E-COMMERCE REMOTE WORK OPEN CATEGORY: Your Moonshot Idea 4. Dive in and work on your community project
We advise Cloud Learners to Opt-in for either Android or MWS projects, we have data on all cloud learners and we should be able to match you accordingly.
As a Cloud engineer, you can help the team do the following:
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on the Cloud.
- Selecting appropriate Cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements.
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms.
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on Cloud Platforms.
- Ability to use continuous integration and distribution pipelines to deploy applications.
- Ability to code to implement essential security measures.
- Skills in writing, correcting and debugging code modules.
- Code writing skills for serverless applications.
- Understanding the use of containers in development processes.
- Ability to work with virtualization technology.
- Experience in monitoring and auditing systems.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP, and firewalls).
- Ability to translate architectural requirements.
- Know how to implement and control the flow of data, to and from a service provider.
- Capability to select the appropriate services based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Ability to estimate usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms.
- Capability to migrate the on-premises workload to service providers.
- Most schools have remained closed due to #COVID19 pandemic for the most part of 2020, As opposed to the traditional physical classroom norm, build a solution that allows teachers to teach students remotely. Can this solution be used by students from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds? Is it easy to be used by teachers who have no or limited technology background
- Quality education depends on several intrinsic factors like curriculum, teaching -earning, evaluation, infrastructure facilities, learning resources, managerial and organizational efficiencies and an innovative approach to cope with the emerging challenges. How do we ensure quality education is offered in schools? Develop a solution that ensures quality education is delivered remotely.
- The pandemic has caused undue stress on the healthcare sector. It has hampered the operational and tactical aspects of healthcare delivery and made it difficult for those affected by the pandemic to seek prompt medical attention or ancillary support services to effectively combat COVID-19 and other critical illnesses.
- How can we enhance existing primary healthcare centers to deliver care for non-COVID-19 patients (maternal/fetal health care, non-surgical emergencies, chronic disease care etc.)?
- What are some ways by which we can work towards incorporating technology and telehealthcare services into existing healthcare systems?
- How can we improve the coordination of information between testing centers, blood-banks and treatment facilities for the use of convalescent plasma or other scientifically proven methods of treatment?
- In recent years, there has been a rise in mental health issues but very few tech innovations exist to support people going through such illnesses. Build a solution that addresses a need in mental health such as access to affordable care, finding support group, behavior tracking among others.
- From food delivery to delivery of medical supplies, online marketplaces have evolved fast to help businesses and individuals cope with the movement restrictions brought about by Covid-19. Are there more businesses or services that can benefit from e-commerce? Identify and build a solution that enables product or service delivery via e-commerce.
- Technology is changing the landscape of the financial sector, increasing access to financial services in profound ways. During the COVID-19 pandemic, technology has created new opportunities for digital financial services to accelerate and enhance financial inclusion, amid social distancing and containment measures. At the same time, the risks emerging prior to COVID-19, as digital financial services developed, are becoming even more relevant. What are some ways in which we can provide financial solutions for the different markets as both long term and short-term solutions?
- Public transit fares in Africa heavily rely on cash payments and fewer e-money payments. Develop a solution to allow travellers to pay tolls and fares using technology to ease payment.
- Transition to remote work hasn’t been easy on companies and employees with traditional workspaces. They are forced to reduce the office attendance ratio hence work for a certain number of = days at the office in a week. This definitely reduces the employee and company’s productivity as a whole, Can you build a solution that helps a traditional workspace company in your community transition to partially or fully remote?
- While remote employees are more inclined to rate their company highly and therefore invest extra time into its success, the reality of burnout or fatigue looks a lot likelier in a remote working set up. In a recent report by Global Web Index working overtime or late is noticeably more common among remote workers: 59% work overtime at least once a week, and 55% report working late within the same time frame. Can you develop a solution that can help employees working remotely manage their time and be productive within work hours?